Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend 2008


Once again I am traveling to Austin, TX where my best friend since 5th grade lives. One of the reasons why I am going, other to see her, is that we are doing a relay triathlon. I am swimming, she is biking and her friend Jody is running. Last year I trained to do this and unfortunately it was cancelled due to weather. This year I have been swimming twice a week and doing 1 mile each time. I only have to swim a half mile in the race so I know I am very prepared for this!! This is a big deal to me since I really don't like to swim anymore and I am proud of myself for getting back in the water. I swam for 14 years and the last 9 of those years I had practice 10 times a week!!! I leave May 23rd and the race is on the 25th!! I am so excited!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a nut!!!

Unknown said...

oh, I meant to ask...

Do you swim your portion of the race in a pool, or a lake, or what?

Tracy said...

I actually swim in a river. Triathlons are rarley done in pools. I've done one in a lake and one in the ocean before too!

Mom said...

I guess that you don't say break a leg to a swimmer, huh? Have a great race and a great time in Texas!

Not really your Mom - it's me! Elaine!

Unknown said...

Yea, I knew that triathalons weren't swam in pools, but I couldn't think of a body of water in Austin. LOL!