Wednesday, June 4, 2008

We Got FIRST Place!!


I've been waiting to write this until I got some pictures. I was the first one to race in the relay. I swam a half mile and I was the first one out of the water. We had an all women team and there were all men and mixed teams also. After the swim I had to run a 1/4 of a mile into the transition area where my friend was waiting with her bike for me to give her the timing chip that was around my ankle. She had to bike 14 miles and she kicked butt!! Our runner took off to run 3 miles. She is super fast but wasn't able to catch the all men team. We were second over all and first in the all women team. We received our medal at the end of the race and also received a trophy at the award ceremony. The official pictures aren't posted yet with our trophy but here is one with our medals. I had so much fun and I can't wait to do another one!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Congratulations! That's great. You are in such good shape! I have a hard time just walking from my recliner to the kitchen for a snack. Just kidding. :-)

Elaine

Unknown said...

I still think you are crazy!